Sunday 24 April 2011

Breaking the fast...on the French Riviera

This morning I woke up to the sunny French Riviera village of Eze. It is a beautiful place and the view over the sea from our apartment is incredible. After a short walk along the beach, it was time to break the Easter fast. I have very much enjoyed my time fasting, I have learnt new recipes and also feel very good. So I have decided to continue to fast from Monday-Thursday. Even my boyfriend (who is a lover of meat and milky tea) joined for the last week of fasting. 


The table was set outside on the balcony and then breakfast was laid; boiled eggs, smoked salmon, taramosalata, tomatoes, bread from here nearby and some red orange juice. Whilst here in Eze, I hope to update on some of the local delicacies I try and also on anything delightful that may be created here. Last night we had some beautiful octopus in a chilli and tomato sauce, which was given to us by the lady living above. She told us it was a sicilian recipe and it was gorgeous.  I will try and get the recipe and then post it on here :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment