Sunday 14 November 2010

I Pealeaf in Risotto

So, this week has been a bit of a risotto fever week :) Personally, I think it must be because my friend visited at the weekend and kept talking about risotto. Thus, she planted the idea, which essentially one could say has taken over. 

This one, my 'Pealeaf' risotto (a mix of peas and leaves) was something I had not previously tried but I must say it is one of the nicest ones I have had, very delicate and very delicious too. Perfect for any vegetarians, but even if you are a meat lover then you definitely won't miss out on any flavour. 

I have a wonderful large copper pan, which I use for all the risottos that I make. If you ever want to invest in something invaluable to your culinary development then may I suggest one to you. Not only is it perfect for cooking risotto, it also feels so homely and authentic when you are using it. On this occasion I also used a new risotto rice, which I had previously not tried, and I have to say it was very good. 


Ingredients:

1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery thinly chopped
1 large garlic clove crushed
250g risotto rice
125ml white wine
2 handfuls mixed leaves
1.5 litres of vegetable stock
150g frozen peas
50g parmesan grated
knob of butter

In a heavy bottom pan, fry the onion softly for about five minutes, taking care not to brown it. Add the garlic and celery and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the risotto rice and fry for one minute on a medium heat. After the minute has passed, pour in the wine and stir. 

Now add the stock, little by little, watching and stirring until each amount of stock is absorbed by the rice. Continue doing this until the stock is finished or until the rice is soft but with a little bit of bite (or however you like it). 

Next add the peas and continue to cook for two more minutes. Turn off the heat and stir almost all of the mixed leaves through the risotto. The leaves should wilt and as this happens you can add the butter and keep stirring. Finally add the grated parmesan and stir it all together so it is mixed up well. Season with salt and pepper and then serve in bowls with a few leaves perched on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment